If you haven’t owned a trimmer before or simply haven’t been very interested in mowing the grass, you may not know how to install Dewalt trimmer lines. Although you may doubt it, the process of setting it up is very quick and easy. All you will need in this case is very important equipment and a trimmer for the lawn that will keep your lawn in perfect condition.
This trimmer will give you a precision you can’t find with classic trimmers. Replacing the lines with this trimmer is extremely easy and fast. In addition to all the advantages already mentioned, it should be said that a Dewalt trimmer is much easier to operate than a classic trimmer.
Table of Contents
- What Is the Trimming Line?
- How Does the Dewalt Trimmer Liner Work?
- What is the Way to Install the Dewalt Trimmer Line?
- Steps on How to Install a Dewalt Trimmer Line
- Process of the Installation of the Dewalt Trimmer Line?
- Final Thoughts
What Is the Trimming Line?
A trimmer line is a great tool that can easily remove all grass and weeds. With it, you will easily reach parts that are very tricky to approach, and by that, I mean the corners around the sidewalk. With its help, you will easily maintain garden beds and all other parts of your garden. The wear rate of this trimmer line depends on what you mow with it.
Logically, it will be corroded faster if we often use it to cut tough and dense weeds. If you are not especially precise, the trimmer line may break. This will happen when you are not careful enough. Each impact on a hard surface shortens its shelf life. In that case, it would need to be replaced, and for that, you only need a little knowledge and practice.
How Does the Dewalt Trimmer Liner Work?
To know how to install a Dewalt trimmer line, I want to explain to you how it works. With this trimmer, you can easily mow grass, weeds, and even some small plants. The trimmer head rotates at an incredible speed and creates centrifugal force. Therefore, the line has a horizontal position. The appearance of the trimmer can be very different. This is because each of them has a specific, different purpose.
Some of the forms in which a trimmer can occur are a rounded, twisted, square, star, and serrated shape. The rounded shaped one is the most popular. Although the most common form, it is not the best choice. Other shapes have sharper edges which makes them more efficient for mowing grass. In addition to different shapes, trimmer lines also come in different sizes.
The size depends on the purpose. If you want to get rid of small weeds, use a trimmer line measuring 0.55 to 0.75 inches. This size is quite enough to maintain your yard (of course, if you maintain it regularly and do not allow weeds to spread throughout the yard). A diameter of 0.75 to 0.105 inches is favorable for thicker weeds and thinner branches.
The larger diameter of the line is used exclusively for professional purposes. This practically means that you will not need it if you intend to use it only at home. In addition to the size and shape of the line, the material from which it is made is also important. The best quality ones are titanium ones. Such a wire will be very durable and with its help, you will be able to do regular mowing at a higher speed.
What is the Way to Install the Dewalt Trimmer Line?
This trimmer line is quite flexible and effective. If you have a garden that you maintain regularly and do not allow the formation of tough roots, it will likely last you a long time. However, if you are careless in its use and constantly hit hard objects with it, it will crack and will need to be replaced.
Perhaps the hardest part of the replacement is removing the head. Therefore, you should do it carefully and in a well-lit place to avoid any troubles that are very rare if you follow all the steps. My advice to you is to check the machine’s condition at least once a year, especially before the winter.
Steps on How to Install a Dewalt Trimmer Line
- The first step is to remove the battery from the equipment.
- Look for the white button. It is an indicator button. Find it, turn it clockwise, and then press it down to unlock it.
- Once you have done that, you will be able to pull out the spool cover directly.
- After removing the spool cover, remove and clean the trimmer line or simply install a new one.
- Adjust the size of the trimmer line to the trimmer, shortening it by twenty feet.
- Mount the trimmer line by winding it in the direction of the spool.
- When winding, be careful, and make sure that the trimmer line does not wrinkle. Stop winding the line when there are only forty inches left until the very end. Place the rest in the place where the spool is placed.
- Repeat the same process once again on the other side.
- When the trimmer lines are properly seated, place the trimmer cover. The white indicator should lock.
- Start the trimmer to make sure everything works as it should.
Process of the Installation of the Dewalt Trimmer Line?
Let Me Tell You What Tools You Would Need. Those Are-
- Trimmer line
Precautions: Don’t forget to unplug the electrical models and unplug the spark plug wire if you have a gas-powered trimmer. Also, don’t forget to wipe the spool every time you change the trimmer line with the help of a soft cloth.
During the Installation of the Dewalt Trimmer Line
- Be very careful while installing the Dewalt trimmer line. You must always wear goggles and appropriate and deep footwear.
- Choose the right time to use this machine. Never use it while it is raining or there is lightning. It would be best to use it in daylight or artificial light, only if it is strong enough.
- Do not rush while mowing the grass. Freshly mown grass is very slippery. Before each use, make sure that everything is 100% okay with your machine. All parts of the machine must be in the right place and no parts must be left out.
- Do not start the machine if there is any source of gas, flammable liquid, or dust nearby. If you want to avoid electric shocks, make sure that no liquid is near you. You don’t want your lawn mowing to end in such a way.
- You may only charge the battery with the charger provided. Everything related to the machine and the battery itself also applies to the charger, so be careful not to get it wet or damaged.
- Start the Dewalt trimmer when the machine is in the correct position when the blade is not close to your feet and hands. Also, never use it if the guards are damaged.
- Always disable the machine by removing the battery or by removing the plug when you do not plan to use it.
And Not Just Then; It is Very Important to Turn It Off
- When you are not monitoring it
- Before each cleaning
- Before each machine check
- During any suspicious activity of the machine
- After each impact on a solid object
- After each unusual vibration
- The first move is to unplug the machine from the power supply. Before cleaning or disposing of the machine, switch off the appliance by unplugging it or removing the battery.
- If you ever have to replace a part or want to use spare parts, make sure that it is only the one recommended by the manufacturer of your machine.
- Check the condition of your machine often. If you notice any problem, contact a registered service center. Do not engage in repairs yourself.
- Make sure your children do not approach the machine. Serious injuries can happen if you don’t exercise adequate supervision.
Installing the Dewalt trimmer line is extremely easy when following the tips. If you receive an instruction manual when purchasing a trimmer or trimmer line, it is best to study it in detail. Match the model of your trimmer and the line model so that they are compatible with each other.
However, even when you practice using this machine, keep in mind that it is not the only thing needed for your machine to function properly and for a long time. It must be both properly maintained and stored.
Perhaps the best solution is to replace the trimmer line before each season and thus avoid unpleasant surprises. Just make sure that you follow the tips given above, you will easily master the install of the Dewalt trimmer line.